FactoryTalk® View Site Edition (CPR 9 SR 2) 6.10
Make data available throughout your entire enterprise, control what information is accessible to each user and make sure that your files are shared securely.
FactoryTalk View® Site Edition (SE) is a supervisory HMI software package for enterprise solutions. It has a distributed and scalable architecture that supports distributed-server/multi-user applications, giving maximum control over information where you want it.
With FactoryTalk View Site Edition, you can:
- Create Tags Once
Maximize productivity by directly accessing tag information in the CompactLogix or ControlLogix controller. Define tags once and use them multiple times throughout the system without the need to define HMI tags.
- Take Advantage of Location Transparency
Design and deploy your system without having to worry about where your tags are coming from. Tags in your FactoryTalk View Site Edition application are not hard coded to the PLC's physical location. FactoryTalk Directory maps all of the tags and their locations to the parts of FactoryTalk View Site Edition that use them. When a property of a tag changes, FactoryTalk makes sure that information gets into FactoryTalk View Site Edition. Since tag names are not associated with specific computers — only with logical areas — you can duplicate entire HMI projects and logic programs from entire lines or areas of an application and reuse them in the same application.
- Control Your Point of View
Since each FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client can view information from any and all FactoryTalk View Servers, you get all the information you need. While operators are viewing information pertinent to their areas of the process, supervisors and executives are viewing the information they need to make important decisions. You can customize each of your clients even further through "display code" or client-side Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) for graphics and the exposed graphics object model. Clients act like Visual Basic (VB) forms, allowing them to execute client-side VB code locally — independently of other clients.
- Don't Lose Control
Ensure a high level of system availability with both HMI Server and Data Server redundancy. FactoryTalk View Site Edition provides enhanced system uptime by ensuring that if the computer or network associated with the primary HMI server fails, a backup server continues to provide information to clients.
With RSLinx® and OPC data server redundancy, you won't lose access to your control information if your RSLinx or OPC data server loses communication with your HMI. If the computer hosting your data server fails, another computer can automatically take its place — each FactoryTalk View Site Edition server continues to receive control information without having to detect and manage the failover individually.
- Secure Your Operation
One of the most fundamental elements of any good automation security solution is the ability to limit system access to only those who have a legitimate need to use it. FactoryTalk View Site Edition uses FactoryTalk Security - centralized security services common to many Rockwell Software products including FactoryTalk View Site Edition. Integrate with Windows security or configure users and groups within FactoryTalk Security, and then grant them rights in FactoryTalk View Site Edition.
- Streamline HMI development with a common editor for FactoryTalk View ME and SE
- Share data and integrate seamlessly with other FactoryTalk enabled products. The FactoryTalk Services Platform provides common services such as security, alarming and diagnostics across products.
- Optimize plant communication with FactoryTalk Live Data and premier connectivity to Rockwell Automation controllers.
- Maximize productivity by directly accessing tag information in the controller, eliminating the need to create HMI tags.
- Configure your application from anywhere on the network and easily make changes to a running system with remote, multi-user configuration capability.
- Define graphics displays once and reference them throughout a distributed system.
- Provide an audit trail of operator and alarm information in a centralized log database.
- Customize the operator experience using client-side VBA and the exposed graphics object model.
- Maximize the system availability with built-in failure detection and recovery.